We are always being told to eat more of this and less of that. With advice changing day-to-day it can be difficult to decide who and what to believe.
Takeaway food consistently gets negative press, but it’s not all bad. In fact, Cod and Haddock are two of the most nutritious sources of protein around – that’s something everyone can agree on.
Fish isn’t only good for your body; it’s good for your mind too. Just take a look at some of reasons why you should be indulging in our Frozen at Sea Cod and Haddock:
- Cod has the RDA of vitamin B12 and B6, which keeps your homocysteine levels low meaning it massively reduces your chances of cardiac problems.
- Cod and Haddock are a rich source of potassium, the fuel that keeps your heart beating and helps it to keep its rhythm.
- Cod and Haddock are also packed full of Omega-3 fatty acids, which are massively beneficial to your heart muscles, helping to reduce the risk of you having stroke.
- Regularly eating Cod and Haddock can reduce tumorous formations in the body.
- There are anti-inflammatory compounds present in cod and haddock, these provide protection against sunburn and can even lower the risk of developing skin cancer.
- A deficiency of omega-3 fatty acids has been found to negatively affect the mental health and the learning ability of children, leading to depression and even Attention-Deficit Hypersensitivity Disorder. Eating Cod and Haddock can help you keep these levels topped up.
- Including a fish rich in Omega-3, such as Cod or Haddock, in your diet can help improve your mood and reduce the personality changes associated with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.
So now you know that our Frozen at Sea fish are not only delicious, they’re good for you too!
To order call our 24 hour sales line on 01325 315 544 or download our full range of products at www.collinsseafoods.co.uk